Promoting Literacy in Liberia and Sierra Leone
Poverty and lack of economic growth in the African region has grown tremendously in the last decades. Families in turmoil, early teenage school dropouts, teenage pregnancy, gender based violence and much more are all plights that afflict Africa.
In the year 2014, a group of like-minded philanthropist met with the parent body of card international in Norway to discuss the possibility of extending card in Sierra Leone which eventually became a reality in the year 2015.
Our mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest of communities in the world. Drawing strength from our diversity, resources and experience, we promote innovative solutions and are advocates for the right of every individual to a safe and secured way of life. We facilitate lasting change.
• Strengthening capacity for self-help
• Providing economic growth opportunity
• Delivering relief in emergencies
• Promoting women’s and children’s right
• Influencing policy decision at all levels
• Addressing discrimination in all its forms
• Uniting the youth and building their capacity
• Advocating for a healthy and safe environment
• Empowering young people not in education, employment or training (NEET)
• Implementing informal education in school, education services etc
• Promoting every child matter policy and procedure, the right of every child to a free education
We pursue our mission with both expertise and compassion because the people whom we serve deserved nothing less..
Information and knowledge could have helped immensely in curbing the spread of the Ebola Virus in the West African Countries hit by the deadly virus. Thousands of lives were lost due to ignorance of how the disease spread - ignorance largely caused by illiteracy.
© Copyright 2016 CARD Sierra Leone